General / cognitive psychology lecture summary
Cognitive Psychology Exam 1 Study Guide Lectures 1-12
- Introduction to Cognitive Psychology: covers the core studies, what we study and why we study cognitive psychology
- Attention: dichotic listening, inattentional blindness, selective attention, covert attention, Flanker compartibility task etc.
- Memory, sleep and memory consolidation, sensory, short-term long-term and working memory
- Knowledge: Prototype approach, Hierarchical organization, semantic networks etc
- Problem solving: Gestalt Approach; the circle problem, –	Falsification principle; The Wason Four-Card problem, creative problem solving
- Sensation and Perception: perception theories, lateral inhibition, Stroop effect, perceptual organization, color perception, object perception etc.
- Language: The speech chain, PERCEIVING AND UNDERSTANDING WORDS, language in the brain; –	BROCA APHASIA & –	WERNICKE APHASIA
Goldstein and Wolf textbooks have been merged and summarised to include all and only relevant information.