NSG4060 RN Comprehensive Online Practice B/ NSG 4060 RN Comprehensive Online Practice B (2020):South University ( Already grade A)
NSG4060 RN Comprehensive Online Practice B/ NSG 4060 RN Comprehensive Online Practice B: South University
NSG4060 Comprehensive ATI Practice B / NSG 4060 Comprehensive ATI Practice B: South University
1.	Caring for a client who has a fecal impaction actions to be taken when digitally evacuating the stool
2.	Dietary teaching for a new prescription of phenelzine
3.	Assessing a newborn heart rate follow actions the nurse should take
4.	Nurse administers incorrect dose of medication. Which facts related to incident report should the nurse document in the client's medical record?
5.	Patient refused a newly open fentanyl patch. Which of the following actions should the nurse take?
6.	Client receiving heparin continuous IV infusion and warfarin 5 mg PO daily. Lab values are aPTT 98 seconds and INR 1.8
7.	A nurse at an urgent care clinic is assessing a client who reports impaired vision in one eye . Which indicates the client has a detached retina
8.	infant with hydrocephalus 6 hr post op following ventriculoperitoneal shunt placement . finding to report to provider
9.	Nurse on pediatric unit received shift report on 4 children. Which should the nurse assess first?
10.	Community health nurse providing teaching on home safety for older adults
11.	School age child with scald burns on both hands and wrists suspected abuse
12.	Client who has acute blood loss following trauma refuses potentially life saving blood transfusion
13.	Discussing common prenatal discomfort 20 weeks gestational
14.	Discharge instructions to client to received home oxygen therapy
15.	Preparing an educational session about advocacy to a group of nurses
16.	Continuous bladder irrigation following transurethral resection of prostate. Bladder spasms and decreased urinary output
17.	Child with sickle cell anemia and is having a vaso-occlusive crisis
18.	Client teaching about the basal body temp method for birth control
19.	Caring for a client who is unconscious and requires emergency medical procedures. Unable to locate family to obtain consent
20.	Client who has fluid volume overload. Which tasks can nurse delegate to UAP
21.	Checking for Chvostek's sign
22.	Reviewing urinalysis report of client with acute glomerulonephritis expected findings
23.	Newly admitted child. Which of the following actions should the nurse include in the plan
24.	Client with cancer deciding between two treatment plans
25.	Caring for a client receiving hemodalysis with AV fistula
26.	Oncology unit nurse is administering doxorubicin to breast cancer patient
27.	Hospice nurse consulting about receiving home services
28.	Client with major depressive disorder has signed informed consetn for ECT. Client states I'm not sure about this now I'm afraid it's too risky
29.	Discharge instructions about newborn care to a client 2 days postpartum
30.	Assigning task roles for group of clients in community mental health clinic. Which should be assigned to group functioning the orienter
31.	Nurse must recommend clients for discharge in order to make room for several critically injured clients from a local disaster
32.	Developing a client education program about osteoporosis for older adult clients
33.	Charge is providing educational session about infection control for a group of staff on isolation precautions
34.	Preparing to assist with a thoracentesis for a client who has pleurisy
35.	Caring for a school age child taking valporic acid. Diagnostic tests
36.	Inpatient mental health unit is monitoring a visit between client with aggressive behavior and the client's partner
37.	Home health nurse evaluating a school age child with cystic fibrosis initiates a request for high frequency chest compression vest
38.	Planning care for a client with left sided weakness following a stroke
39.	Caring for a child with a fever and fluid filled vesicles on trunk and extremities.
40.	Assessing client for compartment syndrome expected findings
41.	Just received change of shift report on 4 clients. Which should the nurse assess first
42.	Assessing a client after administering epinephrine for anaphylactic reactions. Identify adverse effect of this med
43.	Provide teaching to client 24 wks gestation scheduled for glucose tolerance test
44.	Assessing older adult client with pneumonia
45.	Teaching for client about right to confidentiality
46.	Caring for a client reporting nausea and vomiting the past 2 days
47.	Caring for a client postop after receiving moderate conscious sedation suddenly becomes restless and reports feeling lightheaded
48.	Assessing client who is 11 wks gestation and reports drinking ginger tea. signs of it's effectiveness
49.	Teaching a client who newly diagnosed with DM. Instructions on manifestations of hypoglycemia
50.	caring for a client with DVT
51.	Providing info to a client immediately before Romberg test
52.	Providing teaching to parents of child with autism spectrum disorder
53.	Teaching a client undergoing ECT about adverse effects
54.	Caring for a client with active TB about disease transmission
55.	Assess 1 wk old for palmer grasp reflex
56.	Conducting a mental status examination on newly admitted client. Priority assesment
57.	Caring for a client with a prescription of chlorpromazine indications of effectiveness
58.	Assessing a client whose partner recently died. States I don't know what to do without my partner. Life is not worth living
59.	Developing discharge plan for school age child with thrombocytopenia. What should the child avoid
60.	Reviewing lab report for client in end stage kidney disease who received hemodialysis 24 hr ago. Findings to report to provider
61.	Caring for a client with a magnesium level of 2.5 mEq/l
62.	Outpatient mental health clinic clients which of the following clients is effectively using sublimation as a defense mechanism
63.	Caring for a group of clients which one should the nurse see first
64.	Preparing to teach about dietary management to a client with Crohn's disease with aenteroenteric fistula. Which of the following nutrients should the nurse instruct the client to decrease in his diet
65.	Caring for a client who is in resuscitation phase of burn injury
66.	Teaching self-administration of insulin to a client with short acting and intermediate acting insulin
67.	Teaching a client 26 wks gestation about a glucose tolerance test.
68.	Caring for a client who has hyperthyroidism
69.	Caring for a newborn with herpes simplex virus which precautions should be initiated
70.	Postpartum nurse is caring for 4 clients which one should be on seizure precautions.
71.	Assessing an adolescent who has been taking ibuprofen for 6 months to treat juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Assess for adverse effects
72.	Caring for older adult who is experiencing chronic anorexia and receiving tube feedings. Lab values that indicate additional nutrients are needed
73.	Teaching to school age child with asthma using albuterol dose inhaler instructions
74.	Assessing a client with decreased visual acuity due to cataracts. Identify physiological changes
75.	Mental health clinic caring for clients. Which of the following clients is using dissociation as a defense mechanism?
76.	Assessing a 2 wk old newborn with a birth weight of 3.64 kg being breastfed. Indicators of effective breastfeeding
77.	Preparing to administer a blood transfusion to a client . Ensure proper client identification
78.	Reviewing client's right with the nurses on the unit. Informed consent promotes which of the following ethical principles
79.	Teaching about lithium to client who has bipolar disorder
80.	Change of shift report informs of newly admitted client with disoriented and combative during the night. Actions the day shift nurse should take
81.	Caring for an 18-month old toddler who has a blood lead level of 3mcb/dL. Which of the following actions should the nurse take
82.	Assessing a client who has bipolar. Which of the following alterations in speech is the client using
83.	Working in ED triaging 4 clients. Which of the following clients should the nurse recommend for treatment first?
84.	Admission assessment on a client who had a recent positive pregnancy test. First day of her last menstrual period was May 8 . Nagel's rule EDB
85.	Assessing a client who received 2 units of packed RBCs 48 hr ago. Findings that indicate the therapy is effective?
86.	Caring for a client who recently signed informed consent to donate a kidney to her sibling in ERF. States "I don't want my brother to die, but what if I need this kidney one day?"
87.	A nurse is preparing to administer an IM injection to a client who is obese
88.	Providing education to the parent of school age child with asthma. Indicates understanding?
89.	Admitting a client who has pneumonia. Should initiate which type of isolation precautions?
90.	Assessing a client who has COPD pH 7.31.
91.	Providing teaching for teaching for a client who has a fracture of the right fibula with a short leg cast in place. Client is non weight bearing for 6 weeks.
92.	Caring for a child who has hypotonic dehydration and is receiving an oral re-hydration solution. Lab results indicates treatment effective
93.	Assessing a client who has pulmonary edema. Finding to expect
94.	Received change of shift report on 4 clients. Which one should the nurse intervene to prevent food and medication interaction?
95.	Assessing a client following vaginal delivery and notes heavy lochia and a boggy fundus. Which med should be administered
96.	Caring for a client with a new diagnosis of terminal cancer. Client states he would like to go home to be with family and loved ones.
97.	Caring for a client who is taking valproic acid for seizure control. Adverse effect to monitor and report
98.	Manager planning to use a democratic leadership style. Which of the actions demonstrates democratic leadership style?
99.	Assessing a client with history of seeking counseling for relationship problems. Shows the nurse multiple superficial self-inflicted lacerations on her forearms. This behavior should be identified as a characteristic of which personality disorder
100.	Nurse preceptor is evaluating the performance of newly licensed nurse. which action should the preceptor intervene on
101.	Providing teaching about advance directives to a middle adult client. Which response indicates understanding?
102.	Teaching a group of newly licensed nurses about the need to complete an incident report. Which of the following is an example of reportable incident and an indication for completing a report
103.	Caring for a newborn immediately after delivery. Which interventions should be implemented to prevent heat loss by conduction?
104.	Caring for a client in stage 4 of labor who is receiving oxytocin via continuous IV. Priority assessment
105.	Preparing to transfer a client from ICU to the medical floor. Client was recently weaned from mechanical ventilation follow a pneumonectomy. Information to include in change of shift report
106.	Charge nurse notices one of the nurses on the shift frequently violates unit policies by taking an extended amount of time on break. Statement that addresses the conflict
107.	Providing discharge teaching about disease management for a client who has a new diagnosis of DM. Priority activities
108.	Caring for a client who has gastrointestinal bleeding and an NG tube in place. Action that should be taken while performing gastric lavage.
109.	Planning to delegate client care tasks to an assistive personnel. Which task can be delegated?
110.	Providing teaching to client with peripheral arterial disease. Indications of understanding
111.	Providing discharge teaching for preschool age child with a new prescription for Amoxicillian/clavulanate suspension.
112.	Caring for a client with COPD and becomes extremely short of breath. Interventions by the nurse requires completion of an incident report
113.	Assessing correct placement of a client's NG feeding tube prior to administering a bolus feeding.
114.	Preparing to transfer a client to a rehab facility who had a stroke Family is concerned about the level of care the client will receive?
115.	Caring for a client receiving a continuous heparin infusion. Lab test to review prior to adjusting the client's heparin?
116.	Providing care for a client with a colostomy
117.	Preparing to mix haloperidol lactate 5 mg/mL and diphenhydramine 25 mg/1.5 mL to administer IM to an agitated client
118.	Talking with a client with stage IV breast cancer. Which statement is a constructive use of a defense mechanism
119.	Preparing a sterile field for sterile dressing change.
120.	Preparing to teach a group of newly licensed nurses about effective time management. Include as priority
121.	Reviewing ABG values of a client. Client has a pH of 7.20, PaCO2 of 60 mmHg, and HCO 3 of 25 mEq/l
122.	Client receiving IV fluids of 150 mL/h which indicates fluid overload
123.	Caring for 4 clients. Which task should be delegated to assistive personnel
124.	Caring for a client who is 2 days postpartum. Which behaviors should indicate the client is bonding with newborn
125.	Assessing a preschooler with facial laceration. Identify potential indication of sexual abuse
126.	Enters a client's room and sees smoke coming from a small fire in the trash can. Action to take first.
127.	Rural community health nurse developing a plan to improve health care delivery for migrant farmworkers.
128.	Assessing a newborn following vaginal birth. Findings to report to provider
129.	Manager in long term care having difficulty with staffing weekend shift is planning to implement changes to the scheduling procedure.
130.	Assessing a client who has depressive disorder taking amitriptyline. Identify adverse effects.
131.	School nurse is notified of an emergency which several children were injured following the collapse of playground equipment.
132.	Manager preparing an educational session for staff about how to provide cost effective care
133.	Creating plan of care for child with acute lymphoid leukemia and an absolute neutrophil count of 400/mm3
134.	Providing teaching to a client who speaks a different language than the nurse about an upcoming diagnostic procedure.
135.	Caring for a client with a prescription for continuous passive motion machine following total knee arthroplasty
136.	Caring for a client who is receiving positive end expiratory pressure via mechanical ventilation. Adverse effects of PEEP
137.	Performing an abdominal assessment on a client Sequence of actions
138.	Caring for a client with a new prescription of Clonidine. Adverse side effects
139.	Reviewing lab results of a toddler with hemophilia A. Which aPTT values should the nurse expect?
140.	Updating the plan of care for a client who is 48 hr post op following laryngectomy and unable to speak. Plan to take first
141.	Caring for a client who asks about taking ginseng to improve her appetite. Identify that ginseng can decrease the effectiveness of which medication.
142.	Preparing client for paracentesis. Action to take
143.	Rn observing a LPN and a AP move a client up in bed. When should the nurse intervene
144.	Assessing a client who has had a stroke. For which should the nurse initiate referral for occupational therapy
145.	Assessing a client taking propranolol. Indication of adverse reaction
146.	Conducting visual acuity testing using the Snellen letter chart for a school age child with eyeglasses
147.	Caring for a multiparous client following a vacuum-assisted birth. Assess for which possible complication.